Alpicat (Lleida). Detailed topography work for the building project involving the Canet re-regulating pond for the Pinyana irrigation canal, in Alpicat, in the Segrià district.
The tacheometric survey focused on the following points:
- Section of the Cap irrigation channel and the branch of the Alpicat irrigation channel.
- Section of the Alpicat irrigation channel running to a length of approximately 1 km.
- Plot for the building of the re-regulating pond.
- Connection between the pond and the Cap irrigation channel.
Depending on the work area, consideration was given to different aspects that had an impact on the topographic survey. This meant that each section had its own peculiarities that were dealt with in a specific way.
- The section of the Cap irrigation channel and the branch of the Alpicat irrigation channel involved measuring the elevations of all the features, elevation of the top, bottom and water level on the day of the survey.
- The section of the Alpicat irrigation channel involves a pipeline, and there are inspection covers on the surface. The survey here involved the width of the plot, with a detailed survey of the inspection covers: with their surface elevations and depths. The elevation of the gradient was measured (last run of water), as well as of the upper inner part of the pipe, for the purpose of measuring the diameter and gradient of the pipe on each section from one shaft to another.
- A topographic survey was conducted of all the features present on the plot where the re-regulating pond was to be built: stone walls, tree cover, poles for telephone lines, power and others, inspection covers, huts and other buildings, and the connection between the pond and the Cap irrigation channel.
- A topographic survey was conducted of the connection between the pond and the Cap irrigation channel with the elevations of the top of the canal itself, lower elevations, and elevation of the surface of the water on the day of the survey.
- Aplication Field
- Civil engineering